This year's Summer of Service theme is "Reaching Unreached People."
Our prayer focus region this week is West Europe.
The 29 countries of Western Europe are going through a period of unprecedented peace, but with political and economic integration, there is also ethnic fragmentation. Many of Europe's great cities today hold in their straining arms a multitude of cultures and languages, coming drawn by education and opportunities or fleeing from war, famine, economic deprivation, and sometimes horrifying situations. 227 least-reached people groups live here. From tiny Gibraltar, with 74% of its population least-reached, to France, Western Europe's greatest challenge in terms of the gospel with a population of over 7 million least-reached people in 41 different people groups, now is the time for bringing the gospel to those searching for answers in Western Europe.
1. Miracles of Healing and Deliverance: Pray that miracles of healing and deliverance, even for those battling HIV/AIDS, would open doors for faith among the more than 192 least-reached peoples of West Europe.
2. Power over Demonic Activity: Pray that believers walk in the Holy Spirit's power over all demonic depression, oppression, and attack of every sort, demonstrating that Jesus is truly King of kings and Lord of lords on earth and in heaven.
3. Once for All Sacrifice: Pray that least-reached peoples recognize that Jesus is the Lamb of God, the once-for-all sacrifice that forgives all our iniquities and heals all our diseases. Pray they apply this finished provision to their lives.
4. Binding of all Backlash of the Enemy: Pray that believers apply their authority in Jesus Christ to bind all work of the enemy as they work to overcome darkness. Pray for deliverance of those living in darkness that they be transferred to the Kingdom of Light.
5. Breaking Generational Curses: Pray that generational curses that have come as a result of idolatry, immorality, injustice and independence from God will be broken and believers walk in the true freedom of Jesus Christ as a testimony to those who do not yet believe.
Q: What is an unreached people group?
A: There are 7,056 unreached people groups in the world, or a total 2.84 billion people. A people group is considered unreached when they lack a community of Christians able to evangelize the rest of the group without outside help. Of these 7,056 people groups, more than 2,000 of them do not have scripture in their own language. These people are among the poorest in the world and have never even heard the name of Jesus. Most of these people live close to the equator in the 10/40 window. The 10/40 window includes parts of Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Q: What can we do for these unreached people?
A: This summer, as we are serving on our local projects and mission trips, we will join forces as a congregation to pray specifically for these people. We will also collect change for a year to help further the translation of the New Testament into one of the Burmese languages, with which we are ministering in Asia and with our refugee apartment ministry in West Houston.